Thursday, November 29, 2007

Change in the Book of Mormon?

"After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are the principle ancestors of the American Indians."
"After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are among the ancestors of the American Indians."
If you ask me what the difference is between these two sentences, I would tell you that "the principle ancestors" changed to "among the ancestors". Otherwise, I have no clue what the heck that means or why it has any significance at all. That is probably just me being ignorant. This has raised some DNA related debate, considering there is no evidence of practically anything that is written in this book, including "Reformed Egyptian" which Smith claims to have transcribed, no Book of Mormon kings, tombs, etc.

Now, I am not one to be easily judge things, but I just think it's totally bogus and it amazes me to see such a large group of followers who actually believe in this. How Joseph Smith new "Reformed Egyptian" is beyond me, maybe he picked it up in grade school or something. It is just not convincing at all- I could probably make up a more convincing story and ultimately my own religious that's more legit than this!

No comments: